On August third, I have been newly married five months. Nancy is Gods gift to me after losing Julie. It does not mean, there are moments I wish I could still have Julie with me and we did not have to go thru so much pain.
But as they say, time has a way of healing. Time has a way to help you forget the pain. Today, August 12th Julie and I would have celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. Our plan was to travel Europe, just the two of us. We began saving back in 2010 for this occasion.
Yes I would like to be with Julie in Europe now, enjoying the scenery with the woman I thought I would grow old with. A lot of healing has happened, but the void will never be filled.
Today I am in a very different place with different people doing different thinks. I will probably never comprehend, I just take a day at the time and try to enjoy, serve and live fully.
These are some things I am doing different.
- I enjoy each meal with my new family with intensity.
- I don’t stress too much if my to do list does not get done today
- I try not to over commit and try to save the world.
- I will still continue traveling whenever I can afford it, now with Nancy
- I will still continue believing in the power of marriage
- I will continue to make a difference in this world
At the end of August I will approach my six months anniversary with Nancy. Life circumstances have changed, but God has not. I consider living a privilege. I believe my task is unfinished, so I am eager to see that new ministry continue to unfold.