1. Kill the chicken by either snapping its neck or chopping its head off. We've found that the former method is less messy, but the chopping block is faster. Let the blood drain into a bucket.
2. Plunge the chicken in boiling water for 30 seconds to loosen the skin to facilitate the plucking process.
3. Hang the chicken by its legs and pluck all the feathers
4. Singe the chicken over a fire to get rid of any remaining feather stubs.
5. Take out the gizzards, wash them and preserve in another container for giblet dressing.
The results: The best ever Thanksgiving dinner under our hut!